Step into the fascinating world of Pavewise, an up-and-coming asphalt software startup that’s on the path to success! In this monthly feature, we’ll be right there alongside Pavewise, cheering them on as they grow and face various challenges. From their victories to the obstacles they encounter, we’ll witness it all. Get ready to be inspired by their journey as they strive to make a difference in the asphalt industry. Join us as we explore their exciting story and how they navigate their way to the top!
How The Aroma of Asphalt Captivates Some
Did you know that the distinct smell of fresh asphalt can be strangely appealing to some people? Just like the whiff of fresh-cut grass or the smell of bacon. That’s right, the scent of freshly laid asphalt has a fanbase of its own! Known as “petrichor,” the aroma comes from the release of certain compounds, such as bitumen, during the paving process. While the smell may not be everyone’s cup of tea, some individuals find it oddly satisfying and invigorating. It’s even been said that people associate the smell with a sense of adventure and the promise of new roads ahead. Bryce is one of these unique individuals. So the next time you catch a whiff of that unique asphalt aroma, take a moment to appreciate the sensory experience and the diverse ways that people find enjoyment in unexpected places!
Pavewise’s web-based software maximizes productivity and improves project quality resulting in increased incentives and profits for paving contractors. Variables such as weather, project specifications, and equipment operations impact every paving project. By efficiently managing project variables and integrating paving solutions, Pavewise develops a strategy for success for every paving project. In 2022, Pavewise helped contractors generate over $1.5 million dollars in quality incentives on asphalt paving projects, resulting in over $362,000 in revenue.
We are the first intelligent construction software built for improving asphalt paving efficiencies and profits.
Welcome To The Team!
Jase Kraft, CTO
Michael Howey, Product Manager
Aaron Motacek, Full Stack Engineer
- Always looking for connections with state DOTs and Infrastructure Agencies.
- Looking to connect with any paving contractors or asphalt professionals.
- We are so close to closing our current seed round. We’re just working on making the right decisions on whom to partner with now and for future rounds with what will benefit Pavewise the most.
- Bryce was in Fargo working with our advertisement team at Tellwell doing videos on the job sites with Pavewise.
- Bryce and Pavewise were featured in the NDLTAP newsletter.
- Pavewise was featured in the Asphalt Pro Magazine on July 28th, 2023.
- We were accepted for the ND Lyft Fund.
- We transferred our domains from a .pro to a .com, and during this transformation, we experienced a few hiccups.
- Trying to decide who to partner with to finish closing out our current seed round.
- Trying to onboard customers in the middle of construction season.
We are excited to introduce our Pavewise team as we have made a few key hires since our last update: Please meet Jase Kraft our CTO, Michael Howey our Product Manager, and Aaron Motacek our Full Stack Engineer. We are so grateful to have them on our team!
- We have locked down 53 companies that will run the Pavewise software in the 2023 season. Our new target is 250 users by 2Q 2024
- We have shifted from tracking the number of seats per company to just tracking the number of users in the software.
- We currently have onboarded 19 users since the release of the software on July 1st.
- Bryce was down in Chicago for Builtworlds 2023 Construction Tech Conference. He was asked to return in September for the 2023 Americas Summit and be one of the companies chosen to pitch during the demo day.
- Bryce just got back from Pennsylvania presenting at the PAPA annual meeting and working on a turnpike paving project with New Enterprise, one of the largest paving contractors.
- Invited by the president of ISIC to present on paving technologies in Orlando, FL this fall.
- We currently have a list of 132 active callbacks that will be contacted as we start implementing new users into the software.
- Thank you to Gary from Bis-Man INC! for making the drive all the way from Fargo to capture our picture for the August feature. We also want to thank Grant for putting together the piece. The cover and story have turned out absolutely fantastic, and we couldn’t be happier with the result!
- Thank you to all of our initial customers that have been onboarded into the Pavewise software and provided feedback.
- Thank you to the Asphalt Pro Magazine for the new article on Pavewise!
- Thank you to the M25 Team for the hospitality while in Chicago.
- Thank you to anyone who has continued to support Pavewise through texts, emails, and phone calls. These mean a lot to the team!